16/09/21

Le lac des morts vivants AKA Zombie Lake (1981) - Jean Rollin & Julian de Laserna


In a small village, somewhere in France, German soldiers, killed and thrown into the lake by the Resistance during WW II, come back. Letterboxd review Review by Ian West ★★★ I remember first hearing about this in high school and how “bad” it was, with numerous negative comparisons to Shock Waves... like that was really supposed to drive me away? That’s one of my favorite movies. Since I’ve been on a Rollin and Franco kick, I decided to finally revisit this in HD and I will say this... it definitely has issues... Zombie Lake went through Jess Franco, Jean Rollin, and Julian de Laserna before finally being completed... it’s a sloppy mess, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t an enjoyable one.



Language(s):French 
Subtitles:English

No comments:

Post a Comment